Dr. Julian K.B. Tan
Physician. Interventional Cardiologist.
Dr Julian Tan is a physician and cardiologist at Mount Elizabeth Hospital. He is proficient in all aspects of interventional cardiology, including complex bifurcation and CTO interventions
- FRCP (Edin)
- MBBS (Singapore)
- MMed (Internal Medicine)
- MRCP (UK)
- ACSM (Clinical Exercise Specialist)
- FAMS (Cardiology)
- Dr Julian Tan, FRCP (Edin), FESC, FAPSIC, MBBS, MMed(Internal Medicine), MRCP(UK), ACSM(Clinical Exercise Specialist), FAMS (Cardiology), is a Physician and a Cardiologist at Mount Elizabeth Hospital.
- Whilst at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, he was Principal Investigator of many multinational clinical trials (DELIVER, DEB-Only, SIGNIFY, REDUCE, RESPECT-HF), and Co-investigator in many landmark trials (PLATO, CURRENT, IMPROVE-IT). With numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals, he has been invited as faculty to lecture in regional/international Cardiology conferences (AsiaPCR, EuroPCR, TCTAP, HKSTENT, ECC, TOPIC, CCT).
- Julian is a Clinical Senior Lecturer at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS and a Core Clinical Faculty Member of the NHG Cardiology Senior Residency Program and a Clinical Teacher at the Lee Long Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine).
- Julian was conferred MOH’s Healthcare Manpower Development Plan (HMDP) scholarship to pursue fellowship training in Interventional Cardiology, at the Alfred Heart Centre and Epworth Hospital in Melbourne, Australia. Besides complex percutaneous coronary interventions, he performs peripheral endovascular interventions and renal nerve denervation, and structural heart interventions (TAVR, PFO/ASD closures, LAA occluder, balloon aortic and mitral valvuloplasties).
- Julian has a particular interest in the performing of complex percutaneous coronary intervention, namely bifurcation coronary intervention and chronic total occlusion (CTO) intervention.